Table of Contents
*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
DOD Enterprise Email (DEE) is the Department of Defense’s new email platform. It replaces the Army Knowledge Online webmail. Although the AKO webmail login has changed, it is still applicable. The Army Knowledge Online (commonly referred to as AKO) is an enterprise information portal used to share and disseminate information to the United States Army, Department of Defense customers, and other joint military personnel. In this guide, we’ll provide instructions for every step of the Army Knowledge Online login process.
AKO Webmail Login Guidelines
Follow the steps listed in this section to sign into AKO webmail through a computer’s browser.
- Launch your computer browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox).
- Type www.us.army.mil into your browser’s address bar, then hit “Enter.”
- Click on the “I Accept” button.
- On the next page, select “Sign in with EAMS-A.”
- In the top field, enter your username.
- In the next field, enter your password.
- Click on the “Login” button to get to your account.
AKO Webmail Mobile Login Guidelines
Follow the steps listed in this section to sign into AKO webmail via a mobile device’s browser.
- Launch your phone’s browser.
- Visit the AKO website at www.us.army.mil.
- Tap the “I Accept” button.
- Tap “Sign in with EAMS-A” on the next page.
- Input your username in the first field.
- Input your password in the second field.
- Tap the “Login” button to complete the login process.
AKO Webmail Mobile Login Guidelines for Apple Devices
- Go to your device’s settings.
- Tap “Accounts,” then tap the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” option.
- On the next page, tap “Add Account.”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and tap “Other.”
- Tap “Add Mail Account.”
- Enter your name in the field marked “Name.”
- Enter your AKO email address in the “Email Address” field.
- Enter your password in the “Password” field.
- Type a description of your account in the “Description” field, then tap “Next.”
- The account information page will be displayed.
- Tap “IMAP” to activate your account.
AKO Webmail Mobile Login Guidelines for Android Devices
- Open the Gmail application on your mobile device.
- Sign in to your Gmail account, then tap the gear icon.
- Select “Settings,” then tap “Forwarding and POP/IMAP.”
- Select the “Enable IMAP” option, and tap “Save Changes.”
- Tap “Home,” then “Email.”
- Tap the “Next” option to open the setup program.
- Enter your email address and password in the appropriate fields, then tap “Next.”
- Enter the nickname for your account in the “Nickname” field.
- Tap the “Next” button. You will receive a message informing you that you have successfully set up your account.
AKO Webmail Login – Additional Troubleshooting
Occasionally, you may receive the “Invalid username or password” error message when trying to access AKO Webmail. This error message indicates that you entered an incorrect username, password, or both. Therefore, confirm that you are typing the correct login credentials before clicking on the “Login” button.
In case you forget your password, there is a password reset page that you can use. You will be prompted to input your User ID, email address, or secondary email address, then click “Go.” On the next page, you’ll have to select your preferred method to rest your password, and follow the instructions on the screen.
Keep in mind that an AKO webmail password expires every five months (150 days), and may not be replaced by a password that has been used the previous ten times.
If you need any further assistance, talk to a customer service representative at 866.335.2769. You can also contact the AESD (Army Enterprise Service Desk) for more information.