Great Lakes Higher Education Corporation is one of the country’s most reliable providers of student loans. Millions of students choose Great Lakes for their trustworthiness, user-friendly website, and mobile apps. The Great Lakes Student Loans platform is one of the easiest ways to view the status of your loan and manage your account. We provide instructions for the Great Lakes Student Loans login process on computers and mobile devices, and solutions to different login issues.
Great Lakes Student Loans Login Guidelines
Here’s what you’ll need to do to access your Great Lakes student loans account on a computer:
- Go to the Great Lakes student loans login portal.
- Type in your User ID in the text box.
- Click the “Continue” button to advance to the next page.
- Input your password to access your account.
If you don’t have an account on mygreatlakes.org yet, you will have to register first. Here is what you have to do to register:
- Go to the Great Lakes official website at mygreatlakes.org.
- In the top right corner of the page, click the Sign up button.
- On the next page, input your social security number in the first field.
- In the second field, select your date of birth.
- Click “Continue” to create an account.
Great Lakes Student Loans Mobile Login Guidelines
You can also access your Great Lakes student loans account on a mobile device, using the mobile browser of your choice. Here are the login steps you need to follow:
- Visit the Great Lakes student loans login portal linked above.
- Enter your User ID in the empty field.
- Tap “Continue” for access to the next page.
- Enter your password to complete the login process.
Great Lakes Student Loans Mobile Login Guidelines for Apple Devices
Great Lakes users can also use the Great Lakes Mobile app for iOS to view their account details on the go. Here are the steps for completing the Great Lakes borrower login process on an Apple device:
- Go to iTunes and download the Great Lakes Mobile app.
- Install the app on your Apple device.
- Input your login credentials to access your Great Lakes borrower account.
- You will notice that there is no need to visit the Great Lakes website at mygreatlakes.org.
Great Lakes Student Loans Mobile Login Guidelines for Android Devices
Great Lakes also has a mobile app for Android devices, to help Great Lakes borrowers manage their loans easily from their mobile devices. The Great Lakes mobile app is very intuitive and user-friendly. Here are the steps for the Great Lakes borrower login process on Android devices:
- Download the Great Lakes Mobile app from Google Play.
- Install the app on your Android device. It will take a few seconds.
- Sign up with your login credentials to access your account.
Great Lakes Student Loans Login – Additional Troubleshooting
On certain occasions, Great Lakes borrowers may have trouble accessing their student loans account. In our experience, the most common problem related to a failed login attempt is a mistyped User ID.
If this error occurs, try retyping your User ID. Make sure that the CAPS LOCK key is turned off. If it’s not, turn off the key, refresh the page, and try retyping your User ID. In case this method does not work, you may have to retrieve your user ID. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the Great Lakes Student Loans login portal linked in the first section of this article.
- Under the “Continue” button, click the “Trouble Accessing Your Account?” hyperlink.
- You will be redirected to the password and/or User ID recovery manager.
- Under the Personal Information section, provide the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
- Enter the e-mail address associated with your account in the second field.
- Select your date of birth using the drop-box menu.
- Review your information.
- When ready, click “Continue” to retrieve your Great Lakes User ID or reset your password.
Alternatively, if you don’t have an e-mail address, can’t remember the e-mail address, or have tried this before but didn’t get any confirmation e-mail, click on the appropriate hyperlink, as shown in the image above. You will find them at the bottom of the User ID and Password Recovery Page.
After clicking on one of these links, you will be redirected to a new page, where you will have to input some personal information to recover your login credentials.
If you have any questions regarding the Great Lakes student loans login platform, you should contact the company by calling the official Great Lakes student loans phone number at (800) 236-4300 or by visiting their Contact Us page. You can also drop us a line for any questions related to the Great Lakes borrower login procedure.
Recommended Read: Sallie Mae Login