Citi Prepaid used to be a branch of Citibank and all of its affiliated trademarks. However, a while back, Citibank sold its prepaid card services and businesses to Wirecard. In turn, Wirecard is a company which mitigates, observes, and manages transactions to and between customers and merchants. They claim to make everything transparent and as secure as possible for everyone. In the meantime, trademarks of Citibank and the Arc design are in temporary use by Wirecard North America. That being said, these moves and business choices don’t influence the smooth operational tasks of the average user, as you will find out in the following Citi Prepaid login guide.
Citi Prepaid Login Guide
When you first access Citi Prepaid’s homepage, you will notice the fact that it displays the Wirecard logo in the header. As mentioned before, it’s the result of the sold prepaid services that Wirecard acquired. By logging in for Citi Prepaid, you’re also logging in to Wirecard.
Before you log in, you have to make sure that you have an existing account. In case you don’t, you will need to register. We will show you how too.
- Access the www.citibank.com registration page.
- You will notice that the first step is registering your card by inputting the card number and security code in the designated areas.
- After completing this task, click on Next and continue to follow the instructions you see on the screen.
This is how you can acquire an account for Citi Prepaid. Next, to gain access to all of the features and services, you will need to log into said account. Here’s how:
- By default, the www.citibank.com homepage of the platform will redirect you to the login page.
- Underneath Access and manage your account, you will find the two empty fields which you will fill with information.
- In the first field, insert your username.
- Underneath, type your password.
- In order to deter spam and bots, the website has also implemented an identity verification system. So, in order to proceed and be able to access your account, you will need to type in the characters from the picture displayed underneath the login fields.
Mobile/Alternative Citi Prepaid Login Guide
Users can also access the website and login from their mobile devices as well. In order to do so, you simply need to type the address into the bar of your browser of choice and follow the exact same steps as above.
The only difference between the mobile version and the computer one is the possibility to remember login details that the mobile version provides.
There are currently no apps you can download and install.
Citi Prepaid Troubleshooting
In case of a forgotten username:
- Access the appropriate page at www.citibank.com.
- Introduce all of the information requested by the fields on the page.
*Note: Alternatively, if you don’t know your card number, you can directly call Customer Service at the number 1-800-439-9568.
In case of a forgotten password:
- Head over to the appropriate page.
- You will need to type in your username, postal code, and the verification code.
For further issues at logging in, you can call the phone number presented on the back of your card.