*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
META: First Data users can access their Business Track, ClientLine and Merchant Services account directly through the First Data website. Read our guide to find out how.
As there are many different types of First Data clients and users, there are many different ways to log in to your First Data account. First Data is a financial services company providing debit acceptance for over two million points of sale and ATMs—roughly one-third of American credit cards!
If you or your company use First Data, you might need to log in to one of their web portals. Due to the variety of login methods and user types, you’ll need to know what type of user you are and what specific First Data platform you and your company are using.
First Data Website Login Guidelines
How exactly you log in to First Data will depend on the type of user you are. Thankfully, the first few steps are the same for every type of login.
Finding the Login Page
- Go to firstdata.com. Be careful to avoid URLs with any other extensions, such as “.co” and “.net.” Only trust links to and from the official firstdata.com website.
- Click on the “Client Support” button on the navigation bar at the top of the page.
- Find the “First Data Client Logins” text on the drop-down menu and click on the “Overview” link to the right. You will now be on the “First Data Client Logins” page, which will contain links to the various login options available to First Data users.
- Click the link corresponding to your user type or account type. For further help logging in, refer to one of the subsections below.
Business Track and ClientLine Logins
If you have a Business Track or ClientLine account associated with your First Data account, then you can log in using the following method.
- Click anywhere on or near the “Business Track/ClientLine” text on the “First Data Client Logins” page.
- Select from “Merchant Login,” “Non-Merchant Login” or “Omaha Client Login” on the portal at businesstrack.com. Alternatively, if you do not yet have an account, click the orange “Enroll” button under “Create an Account.”
- Enter in your User ID and Password on any of the resulting pages. If you do not remember this information, click the “Forgot user ID or password?” link.
- Click the orange “Login” button below the log in fields.
First Data Merchant Services Specifications Login
If you are trying to access merchant services associated with your First Data account, you can log in using the following method.
- Click anywhere on or near the “First Data Merchant Services Specifications” text on the “First Data Client Logins” page.
- Enter in your User ID and Password on the resulting login portal at specs.firstdata.com. If you do not remember your password, click the “Forgot Password” link below the “Login” button.
- If you are on a secure computer, you may also want to check the “Stay signed in” checkbox below the log in fields. However, do not do this if you are on a shared or publicly accessible computer.
- Click the “login” button below the log in fields.
First Data Login – Additional Troubleshooting
If you have forgotten your account password, most of the login pages found in the above procedures have links to password recovery. If these options do not work or you have forgotten your username, then you should contact First Data technical support or your system administrator.